Arboricultural Impact Assessment in Richmond, Esher and the Surrounding Areas
Many planning applications in the South of England must include an Arboricultural Impact Assessment (AIA). This determines how construction may impact trees either on the site or nearby, as well as how trees will impact the finished structure. With over 20 years of experience, the team at Arbor Cultural Ltd carries out AIAs for all kinds of requirements, helping you achieve your goal whether you are a developer, architect, planning consultant or builder working on one or multiple sites of any size. We also work with homeowners managing their own extension projects.
Arbor Cultural Ltd is based in Horley and provides expert tree consultancy in all areas across the South of England, including Cobham, Croydon, Epsom, Esher, Guildford, Reigate, Richmond and Southampton.
What is an Arboricultural Impact Assessment?
AIAs are a key part of the planning process for many construction projects and help inform the development process. The assessment involves determining tree health and the effect of development in accordance with BS5837.
When providing AIAs, we identify the long-term value and benefits of trees in urban environments, and promoting this message is a key aspect of the Arbor Cultural Ltd vision. To arrange an assessment, or to find out more about our mission, such as the public speaking we undertake to teach interested groups about the value of trees, please contact us today.
What Does it Involve?
When undertaking an AIA, our specialists carry out a thorough survey and inspection of all trees on your site and nearby. This includes a range of checks and recommendations, such as:
- An assessment of tree quality, taking into account individual arboricultural, landscape, cultural or ecological values.
- Potential conflicts between trees and developments in Epsom, Esher, Reigate, Richmond and the surrounding areas, such as shading issues or breaching a Root Protection Area.
- Advice on infrastructure requirements for highways and road access, visibility, lighting, CCTV and services.
- Tree management recommendations, including remedial health, safety works and future arboricultural management.
- Guidance on which trees to retain and remove on sites in Cobham, Croydon, Guildford, Southampton and the South of England.
- Mitigation for tree removal.
- Recommendations on protection measures to implement during construction.
- Arboricultural impact assessments also consider the impact of statutory designations or restrictions, such as Tree Preservation Orders, and we identify any protected trees.
Following an AIA, we present the report in a professional manner and include Tree Constraints Plans as well as Tree Protection Plans. With a dedication to helping you achieve your goals, we provide comprehensive reports and clear drawings to maximise your chances of obtaining planning permission.
Providing Expertise on Your Trees
Arbor Cultural Ltd is a trusted provider of Arboricultural Impact Assessments and other tree consultancy services, with customers in Cobham, Croydon, Epsom, Esher, Guildford, Reigate, Richmond, Southampton and across the South of England choosing us for our passion, expertise and professionalism.
With PTI training, CSCS cards and accreditation from various industry associations, such as the Consulting Arborist Society and the Arboricultural Association, we provide expert services and recommendations, no matter your requirements. As well as AIAs, this includes decay detection, air spading, tree expert witness work and various tree surveys and reports to meet your needs.